Lenovo Yoga 900 Laptop And 900 Home Tabletop PC (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
Every time I hear lenovo anywhere I think of a company that have failed greatly. They use U series CPUs for the high end? Those things are shit they throttle too quickly when locked to slow speeds but when in "high performance" drain battery life to quickly and it doesn't help that the batteries they use are just shit.
So far I've gone through 13 T440's because they just fail, plastic shell is to weak for a "work grade laptop", they get to hot, the hingesare to tight, well 6 of my 13 I've had have been because the hinges snapping out of the screen, 4 because of batteries exploding inside the laptop and 2 fans that died killing the CPU and 1 where half the keys fell off the keyboard after a few months use. Lenovo need to learn how to design a proper laptop ASAP and use quality materials none of this plastic shit that's used with all there laptops, jeez I can fully charge my iPhone 5 off my T440 but that's 70% of its battery gone. And what makes Lenovo laptops so expensive is it that fancy flashy red light that tells you if it's on or sleeping? Matte black plastic shell? Saying you spent $2000 on a laptop and it wasn't Apple? Well I'd rather get a MacBook any day over a Lenovo laptop: Also these are for school use by the way so they need to be reliable I can't even begin to count how much work I have lost because the laptop went flat and it couldn't recover any data.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Wow, perhaps your doing something with the laptops you should not. For instance we have about 300 of these in our office along with the X240 and have only seen a small amount of issues relating to the laptop will not power on. No batteries exploding, only 2 hinge snapping because the user thought it was a tablet....SMH and the usual user eating over the keyboard and spilling coffee into it.

IMO, the T440 is a good machine but now outclasses in style and ease to fix by the x1 Carbon 3rd gen

Sorry we are quite a few years off from a sub 1" thin ultrabook with anything resembling battery life and full Q series processors. You want to bring up superfish or other failures then all the power to you. but it is not Lenovo's failure because the technology does not exist. Show me an ultrabook or macbook of that size that has a Q series cpu. If you want a power hungry Q series then get a gaming laptop and enjoy your tether known as a power cord.

As far as build quality I have not seen any Lenovo's that have consistent issues near like you are describing. Maybe someone put a Lenovo sticker over the Compaq logo on those laptops. Sounds like someone needs to be asking your users what they are doing to be so rough on the laptops. Or maybe you are just trolling.

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014

they are all second hand from Lenovo themselves and the school order about 50 a week for replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS