Lenovo Yoga Book C390 Review: A New (E Ink) Page for 2-in-1s

Oct 25, 2018
I was quite excited at first but seems a little clunky.
I would be happy with a decent all e-ink lenovo tablet, one that I can surf the web, read ebooks and pdfs. The alternatives out there are too expensive and not that user friendly.
Alternatively, a cheap netbook with an e-ink screen, for those who like to work outdoors, read alot (and want to avoid eyestrain), or would prefer to avoid active screen late at night.

Oct 29, 2018
I have both YBs so I knew what I was ordering. The hardware is perfect for the purpose, I will not do rendering or gaming on this device. You need to compare the YBc930 to the reMarkable tablet for the eink experience. And there the disappointment starts: it is not the performance of any of the both screens but the integration into windows. The notes are NOT managed at all (like on the rM) and they are saved into a hidden folder under c:\users\appdata\local\Lenovo\notes as png - so you can manage them (in copy) on your own.
The positive thing is that you still get more than a eink pad or just a pc - and this is quite good for integration into your own environment like qnap, synology or ownCloud as you can use the windows software.

As I do travel a lot, the YBc930 is best friend to my luggage and the small surfing somewhere

I hope that Lenovo will not forget this child once it has hit the market (as they did for the 1st gen) and will improve the eink integration.

In summary: give it a try
Stefan

Oct 29, 2018
for our kid, have a look at the reMarkable. They a doing a lot currently and it is reduced to the minimum of e-inking and so. perfect for university