[SOLVED] Lenovo YOGA Flashes to Black after Boot Logo

Aug 15, 2020
Hello. Yesterday, my laptop (Lenovo YOGA 920) went into sleep mode and when I went to wake it, it never got past the boot logo. It will display the Lenovo boot screen with the spinning dots, and then it will flash and fade to black like it’s trying to turn on but can’t. I know the laptop is still on because the keyboard is still lit.

I’m able to get into Recovery Mode every other time it boots. I am able to run it in Safe Mode (although it feels I can only really open my file explorer). I have tried doing a system restore (which there was nothing to go back to), uninstalling updates, and even reinstalling Windows, but I am still facing the same problem. Anything that I have tried that is not Safe Mode brings me back to the flash and then black screen.

If anyone can help me diagnose and fix this problem, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

UPDATE: I have done a clean install of Windows this time and the problem still remains. However, after booting up and going black, Cortana begins to speak as she goes through the normal first-time set up. Also, now when I try to go into Safe Mode, I am met with multiple errors that all say OOBEREGION, OOBEKEYBOARD, and anything else that is preceded with OOBE.

Last edited: