[SOLVED] Lenovo Z50-70 battery

Aug 27, 2021
Hello there ; I bought a new battery for my lenovo z50-70 ; because it is a lithuim type it was recommended to be charged for 8 hours. I almost forgot didn't do it . I let the battery it die now and wanted it to charge for 8 hours . does this have the same effect. the problem is sometime my laptop die at 20 and some other time it last to 5 percent and then it die. it was showing 0 percent but still working ! I guessed this random behavior is due to not calibrating it at first place. so I wanted to know will it be corrected if I do it now instead of first time plugged in or this is battery problem.

Note: I ran 4 1080 videos + programs open ( windows programs not anything fancy) +downloading some stuff it lasted about 80 minutes

Solution
You can do the battery calibration at any time really. Keep in mind if you bought a cheaper battery not a real Lenovo one they often have issues. Pretty much every cheap battery I bought died in less than a year, some in like a month.
You can do the battery calibration at any time really. Keep in mind if you bought a cheaper battery not a real Lenovo one they often have issues. Pretty much every cheap battery I bought died in less than a year, some in like a month.

Solution
Aug 22, 2021
6 - 8 - 12 - 14 hours charging is <Mod Edit>. It was needed 20+ years ago when devices had NiMH batteries. Lithium based batteries cannot be charged more than 2-3 hours. They just cannot accept more current when they are full.

Last edited by a moderator: