Lenovo Z50 Windows 10 not recognizing microphone plugged in

MissingPerson

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a Lenovo Z50 that up until Wednesday afternoon, was properly recognizing a sound mixer looped with the laptop audio going from headphone out on a splitter, then looped back with the main out on the mixer going to microphone in on the splitter. Come Wednesday night, however, my laptop is not recognizing the microphone, and all audio input is coming from my laptop's internal microphone. It does still recognize that the headphone jack has something plugged in, as I still receive audio output into the mixer from my laptop.

I have no idea how to rectify this. I'm reasonably certain that this is not a laptop hardware problem, as if it were, it wouldn't recognize the splitter being plugged in at all and thus not output audio through it.

Solution
Hello MissingPerson

Can you please confirm if you already tried restoring the microphone settings to default? If not, doing so might help. To restore the microphone settings to default:

> Right-click the Speaker icon from the system tray in the bottom-right corner.

> Click Recording devices from the context menu.

> From the list of available recording devices in the Recording tab in the Sound box, click to select the active recording device.

> Click Properties from the bottom.

> Go to the Advanced tab in the properties window.

> Click Restore Defaults from the bottom.

> Confirm your action when prompted, and check if the issue is resolved.

If the problem persists, you can try rolling back...
Hello MissingPerson

Can you please confirm if you already tried restoring the microphone settings to default? If not, doing so might help. To restore the microphone settings to default:

> Right-click the Speaker icon from the system tray in the bottom-right corner.

> Click Recording devices from the context menu.

> From the list of available recording devices in the Recording tab in the Sound box, click to select the active recording device.

> Click Properties from the bottom.

> Go to the Advanced tab in the properties window.

> Click Restore Defaults from the bottom.

> Confirm your action when prompted, and check if the issue is resolved.

If the problem persists, you can try rolling back and/or removing and then re-installing the audio driver to see if that fixes things for you.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution