Question Lenovo z560 Laptop won't read drive

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Hi since yesterday my laptop data/hard drive light is not coming and laptop got black screen.

A power cable was connected to main power switch when it was still on and connected to laptop since.then it's not working.

1. I remove the laptop SSD, connected to my PC it's working fine.

2. Laptop power connector is not even charging the battery as it is flicking (yellow light) If it was charging the battery the light would not flick.

3. I removed the battery and then connected the laptop directly to the power cable to try and start it again the power light was on but did not read the hard drive/SSD as light was not on and screen was black.

4. I remove the power cord and the battery and press the power button for more than a minute then again connected laptop to the power cord but again it did not read the hard drive and the screen was blank.

5. Mobo fan is running even when data light is not on.
View: https://youtu.be/D6isHrnOM5k

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Ya I have another hdd to put it in, the orginal laptop hdd, but it won't explain why power connector is not even charging the battery now. Its just bank screen, not even bios page is there.

Last edited:

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
had to send the lappy to workshop, luckily its run by my uncle, so family, so i knew i would get exact picture of cost and what was wrong with the laptop.

He said one of the ram sticks stopped working and he put new one and new battery. Lappy working as good as new now ;) i was decently afraid that lappy mobo has gone kaput :p

TRENDING THREADS