Lenovo z570 GPU issue

Nov 7, 2017
Hi all,

I recently discovered multiple shorts on my motherboard. One was due to faulty control FET and other due to on-board GPU. I had to remove both of them for motherboard to work normally. After removing GPU, my laptop display is blank. I believe that this could be because of BIOS POST failure. Is there a way to bypass GPU test in BIOS?

Thanks,
Nitin

Solution

Ok my post didn't post but what I think is happening is that the board still thinks the gpu chip there because even though it gone it like a desktop it gonna boot to what ever is the gpu installed even unless you disable it in the bios before but you took out the chip already. Yes it has switchable graphics but I think that only happens when the drivers load in and that way...

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Ok my post didn't post but what I think is happening is that the board still thinks the gpu chip there because even though it gone it like a desktop it gonna boot to what ever is the gpu installed even unless you disable it in the bios before but you took out the chip already. Yes it has switchable graphics but I think that only happens when the drivers load in and that way after the bios. They only real thing to bypass the gpu is use a modify bios that complete disables everything to the gpu or the best one go on ebay and buy the board without the gpu for 50 dollars plus free shipping here https://www.ebay.com/itm/LENOVO-IDEAPAD-Z570-LAPTOP-10290-2-LZ57-INTEL-MOTHERBOARD/182860411033?epid=1800247645&hash=item2a93547099:g:lGwAAOSwxzdZ871X

At the end there maybe no way to bypass it because each board is made different for dedicated gpu's or non dedicated on your best is just to buy a new board with out the gpu.

Solution