Question Lenovo's Ramaxel technology compatible RAM

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
So I have a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop with 8gigs of RAM. I wanted to upgrade to 16 gigs by adding another similar stick of 8gigs. However upon inspection I found that my laptop has a ram from some vendor unheard of and I was unable to find another stick anywhere locally from the same vendor. What I wanted to ask is which other vendor RAM is compatible with this one so I can upgrade to 16 gigs. Posting screen shot for context.

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
if you can find the manufacture, name of board and version of your main board, go to https://manualzz.com/, or a memory upgrade site search for memory compatibility lists, I would inspect your board for all information regarding to searching for compatibility lists, CMD will not provide all information required for acceptable search results.

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
The chance of replacing the old ram is high and you will have to find the correct corresponding modules for that board, on ebay, newegg or amazon or other part sellers, I recommend ebay based on price, can be lower on somethings and with less stress on returns. Sometimes its worth the month waiting time or two for RAM from china from a seller on ebay.

So I have a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop with 8gigs of RAM. I wanted to upgrade to 16 gigs by adding another similar stick of 8gigs. However upon inspection I found that my laptop has a ram from some vendor unheard of and I was unable to find another stick anywhere locally from the same vendor. What I wanted to ask is which other vendor RAM is compatible with this one so I can upgrade to 16 gigs. Posting screen shot for context.
Unless you get ram as a kit there is no guarantee the sticks will work together.

Even another stick of that same ram may not work well together.

If you want to give it a try go here and run the scanner see what it says.

Crucial

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
I have a tech rule for myself, I never mix RAM. The average manufacture's density of ram modules are different from others, same goes for the architecture of the modules. Think of RAM and computer parts like light bulbs on a circuit system, when you replace one, and not the other, one will draw the correct power and the other will most likely operate at a slower speed causing the old one to burn out or fail sooner blowing both light bulbs like if you ever replaced light bulbs in a car and not the old ones running on the same system, the old ones will burn out faster, just a metaphor for the risks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY