[SOLVED] Leopard install issue. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hey! I have a Power Mac G4 (and yes it meets the Leopard requirements) with 2 hdds in it. The one has panther on it and the other is blank. I have a leopard iso that I ripped off the leopard dvd because my G4's disc drive is broken. So I put the iso on the empty hdd via disk utility (with the source and destination thing) and then I set it as the startup disc and then I restarted my mac. It then brought me to the installer on boot up, so I configured my settings, and then it started installing leopard. Then about 10 seconds in it says, "Install Failed, the installer could not validate the contents of the `Base System` package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. So now it wiped out my first hdd with panther. And now every time I turn on my mac it goes right to the installer and the same error occurs every time. Any help on this problem would really be appreciated because this is my main computer ever since my pc hdd died. Thanks ahead of time!

Solution
Use a genuine Apple DVD, not a pirated or copied one. You can restore Panther from the CDs that came with your computer.

It's worth replacing the broken optical drive (for some reason you didn't mention it in your previous post, where you said that someone else had pirated the DVD for you - now you claim that you ripped your own copy?); this will cost you less than $20.
Use a genuine Apple DVD, not a pirated or copied one. You can restore Panther from the CDs that came with your computer.

It's worth replacing the broken optical drive (for some reason you didn't mention it in your previous post, where you said that someone else had pirated the DVD for you - now you claim that you ripped your own copy?); this will cost you less than $20.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.