Leo's Out! Meg Whitman Has Been Appointed HP CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
HP needs someone with vision, who sees where HP is strong, and focuses on that...

Why not take your existing, low margin, Consumer PC division, and do basic focus group testing on what is good and what is bad about your products?

The fact is, it may be best for HP to spin off the Consumer PC division, as the company is just too big to make positive culture changes.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
HP will only be able to resurrect itself if the people leading it (including the BoD) stop thinking just about themselves and short term profits and start caring about what is best for the organization for the long term.

I still say the Hewlett and Packard family members should see if they can gain control of the company back from the BoD and take it private.

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Lets play musical CEO's! It's like a fad, or a trend. One person, or (company) does it, and the rest follow. I predict.... More new CEO's in the near future.

G

Only reason I clicked this was because my name is Leo, and I was like "OOOHH,there's my name!" *click* :p

rjq

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
does HP forgot how much does this lady spend in "advice"?? it looks like the the end of an era for the company...

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Meg Whitmen saved Hp once she will do it again. Hopefully she will reverse Hp's choice of getting out of the pc consumor market, because that is going to be a huge mistake for them to do. They aren't IBM, IBM could do that because their pc consumor market was a small minority of their overall gross, Hp its the opposite their pc consumor market makes up the majority of their overall gross.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Leo is the worst thing that can happen to a company. he came in with no credentials, got an interview from only 3 people on the board of directors, and decided to change a successful hardware company into a software company.

he pretty much destroyed HP.

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]Leo is the worst thing that can happen to a company. he came in with no credentials, got an interview from only 3 people on the board of directors, and decided to change a successful hardware company into a software company. he pretty much destroyed HP.[/citation]
The two before him had a big hand in destroying HP too. Hurd got rid of any innovation that they had, and Carly before him caused huge and damaging changes to the corporate culture, according to someone I know who works for HP.

orionite

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Off to the next round of our corporations' favorite game: The board room incest. And if you screw up, you'll get a multi-million dollar golden handshake, and the fun begins anew - there's a C-level vacancy right next door, just waiting for you.

klondack

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2008
Lets see...HP Board members wanted to bring in somebody from outside to shake up the company in 1999...Fiorino then Hurd then Apotheker and now Whitman....How's that going for ya Board Members?

Retired HP employee

G

The way Meg ran for governor made it painfully obvious she has an extreme disconnect from reality. This can't bode well for HP.

jujuvivi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Ebay previous CEO
and HP board member
becomes now HP CEO.

It's the Musical Chair Game!

Company needs geeks like Gates, Jobs, Page, Zuckerberg!
Not Business Clowns who don't know what they are talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS