Leprechaun Halls and Warning

Every time I play monk and get near a leprechaun hall, I'll get a bunch of
red ones. When I walk away and the leprechauns are out of my radar's range,
they turn into dollar signs.

Why's that?

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Haakon Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> wrote in

> Every time I play monk and get near a leprechaun hall, I'll get a bunch of
> red ones. When I walk away and the leprechauns are out of my radar's range,
> they turn into dollar signs.
>
> Why's that?

the money under them...

--
lisp LIVES!!!

Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> Every time I play monk and get near a leprechaun hall, I'll get a
> bunch of red ones. When I walk away and the leprechauns are out of my
> radar's range, they turn into dollar signs.

There should have been a normal line of sight between the red 1's and
the dollar signs.

When you approach the hall, the leppies will be shown as 1's by warning.
As you get nearer, and get line of sight, you will see the 1's for what
they really are: leprechauns. Your character also sees that they are
standing on gold (but you do not, since your display shows only the top
thing on the square, ie the monster).

As you walk away, the leprechaun symbols are replaced by 1's again,
still obscuring the gold. Only after you get out of warning range will
you finally see the gold. After all, monsters disappear when they're out
of sight, while items are remembered.

If you had only seen the 1's by warning, and *never* the real green
leprechaun signs with normal eyesight, and you're still seeing the ZMD
signs after you go away, you've found a bug, and should report it.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).