[SOLVED] Less fps with new gpu than with new one

Aug 26, 2022
I recently bought a new graphics card and when I started to play games I had a lot less fps than with the old one and a bunch of lags. I noticed that my processor goes to 100% even with the smallest thing like minecraft. Is there a way to fix it?
My system:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, 64 bit, Build 22000, Installed 20210906210700.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Hard Drives: A: 2794 GB (1289 GB Free); C: 110 GB (4 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H310M DS2, ver x.x, s/n Default string

I recently bought a new graphics card and when I started to play games I had a lot less fps than with the old one and a bunch of lags. I noticed that my processor goes to 100% even with the smallest thing like minecraft. Is there a way to fix it?
My system:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, 64 bit, Build 22000, Installed 20210906210700.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 6
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H310M DS2, ver x.x, s/n Default string
First thing you want to do is clean off 15+GB from the C drive.

Did you uninstall the old gpu drivers and then install the drivers for the new gpu?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Huh? That's all kinds of messed up. If that's the actual designations and assignments, that's the cause of your slowdowns.
A: drive is reserved, has been for the longest time, as is B: drive. Those were originally intended, and written into Windows, for floppy drive use only. Nowadays, A/B are used for recovery drives, they'll only contain Cab files and are read only. C: drive is the main OS/boot drive, has all the working files and will absolutely require space for Windows to use as a scratch disk.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, as Karadjgne notes, this is a mess. Assign a proper drive letter to the hard drive and clear some room on that OS drive. You're literally crippling your own storage, so that's the first thing to resolve. Windows doesn't take up 110 GB, so there absolutely is "plenty left to clean."

Aug 26, 2022
Yeah, as Karadjgne notes, this is a mess. Assign a proper drive letter to the hard drive and clear some room on that OS drive. You're literally crippling your own storage, so that's the first thing to resolve. Windows doesn't take up 110 GB, so there absolutely is "plenty left to clean."
I had like 30GB free but it filled it self up for no reason

Aug 26, 2022
Huh? That's all kinds of messed up. If that's the actual designations and assignments, that's the cause of your slowdowns.
A: drive is reserved, has been for the longest time, as is B: drive. Those were originally intended, and written into Windows, for floppy drive use only. Nowadays, A/B are used for recovery drives, they'll only contain Cab files and are read only. C: drive is the main OS/boot drive, has all the working files and will absolutely require space for Windows to use as a scratch disk.
I'm kinda confused right now so you can't name your drives A and B ?

USAFRet

Titan
I'm kinda confused right now so you can't name your drives A and B ?
While A and B can be used for drive letters, they should not be.

They are a left over legacy, from the time before hard drives.
Windows treats storage devices with those drive letters differently.

Change it.

And free up some space on that C drive.
It didn't fill up "for no reason". You just haven't discovered it yet.

while A and B is bad idea for non removable drive, it its okay for removable drives (no indexing, defragmentation and such on those letters), windows will treat them as removable drive
its reserved for floppy drive and tape drive, your free to use them on usb removable flash if you dont use mentioned drives

Aug 26, 2022
Download this.
UBM

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.
UserBenchmarks: Game 116%, Desk 86%, Work 97%
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F - 88.8%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti - 134.5%
SSD: WD Green 120GB (2018) - 41.7%
HDD: Toshiba P300 3TB - 78.8%
USB: Kingston DataTraveler 120 4GB - 8%
RAM: Unknown SP008GBLFU240B02 2x8GB - 78.6%
MBD: Gigabyte GA-H310M DS2

Aug 26, 2022
While A and B can be used for drive letters, they should not be.

They are a left over legacy, from the time before hard drives.
Windows treats storage devices with those drive letters differently.

Change it.

And free up some space on that C drive.
It didn't fill up "for no reason". You just haven't discovered it yet.
i changed it to F but there is really nothing i can uninstall