Question Less RAM shown than there should be ?

Kletoss

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
The notebook actually should have 16 GB RAM but there are shown only 14 GB? Why?

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 17ABA7 Laptop - Type 82RQ (Lenovo IdeaPad 3 82RQ003EGE): https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/lenovo+ideapad+3+82rq003ege+762853?nbbct=4001_geizhals

tk3d8JB.png

wp0CYWx.png

kanewolf

Titan
So it is like it should be?

I assume, it would be better if the graphics used its own RAM or whatever it would be called if there were any?
I don't believe there is an issue. The Ryzen 5625U has the graphics built-into the CPU. That requires some memory.
Most laptops use the integrated graphics (CPU integrated) for lower power operation. Even the laptops that include dedicated graphics cards with memory switch between the two. Dedicated graphics hardware for gaming and integrated for lower performance tasks. Looking at the link you included, that laptop does not appear to have a dedicated graphics chip, integrated only.

Kletoss

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Well, it looks like that:
6tDsmzg.png

Exactly that was the reason to get the notebook with at least 16 GB RAM (not 14 GB) or 32 GB. I didn't know how much I would really need, the only thing I knew was that 8 GB RAM (with my last notebook) are much too less.

Don't know if the crashes (again) are caused by too less RAM.

D

Deleted member 14196

You have way too much stuff running eating up your ram. I have a similar processor, and I sot at idle at 2 GB.

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
It is possible that the operating system or other software on your computer is using some of the available RAM, leaving only 14 GB available for use. This is not unusual, as some amount of RAM is typically reserved for the system and other essential processes. You can check the amount of RAM installed on your computer and the amount being used by opening the Task Manager (on Windows) or the Activity Monitor (on Mac) and looking at the memory usage.

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
From how much RAM is the consumption too high (bei 8 oder 14 / 16 GB RAM)? Maybe at 90%?

The amount of RAM that is considered too high for consumption can vary depending on the specific computer system and the tasks it is performing. In general, it is generally recommended to keep the usage of RAM below 80% to avoid potential performance issues. However, if you have 8 or 14/16 GB of RAM, it is unlikely that you would see any significant performance issues unless your computer is performing resource-intensive tasks and the RAM usage is consistently above 90%.

Kletoss

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Thank you.

It seems as if there are phases - I haven't observed that closely yet - in which over 80% GB are constantly in use, also phases with over 90% GB for some time. So I can't judge at all whether about 32 GB (or less, if there would be 24 GB or available) would be useful / even necessary.

From how much RAM is there a risk for crashes caused by too less available RAM?

TRENDING THREADS