Less than 50 magical missiles at a time?

Most magical Weapon Qualities (WQs) can be put into
missiles, as well as into melee weapons or missile launchers.

When this is done, the time requirement and the gold cost is
unaltered, but the end result is 50 magical missiles,
instead of 1 magical launcher (or melee weapon).

Should it be possible to produce smaller batches of magical
missiles, for instance 10 at a time, or 5, or 20?

Even if it isn't possible, according to the metaphysics of
the game world, magic weapon shops ought to sell magical
missiles in batches smaller than 50.

--
Peter Knutsen
sagatafl.org

"Peter Knutsen" <peter@sagatafl.invalid> wrote in message

> Most magical Weapon Qualities (WQs) can be put into
> missiles, as well as into melee weapons or missile launchers.
>
> When this is done, the time requirement and the gold cost is
> unaltered, but the end result is 50 magical missiles,
> instead of 1 magical launcher (or melee weapon).
>
> Should it be possible to produce smaller batches of magical
> missiles, for instance 10 at a time, or 5, or 20?
>
> Even if it isn't possible, according to the metaphysics of
> the game world, magic weapon shops ought to sell magical
> missiles in batches smaller than 50.
>
> --
> Peter Knutsen
> sagatafl.org

although I can't say if this is "permitted" in the books, our previous DM
allowed us to do this and never found any concerns about play balance (and
he was a stickler for that, turned down most PrCs that I found ;o) ).