Discussion Let's Guess What CPUs Will Be In 2030

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jnjnilson6

Distinguished
How would CPUs in 2030 perform? Would the difference in performance between 2010 and 2020 remain the same between 2020 and 2030? How many Cores and what Nanometer Technology would the CPUs then use? Would it be possible that the difference between 2020 and 2030 is bigger than that between 2000 and 2010? At how many Gigahertz would CPUs, in your opinion, run in the year 2030? Who do you think would be better at that point in time - Intel or AMD? How much faster would 2030 CPUs be than Ryzen 7000 and Intel Core 13 gen? I know you cannot make a thorough estimate from this point in time, yet it would be cool if we could turn this into a guess-game and that everyone might invariably share their opinion.

So I would be glad to hear what you think. It is wonderful to go into the future that the darkened starlight on opulent magazines may cast its light into the beautiful chasms of processing power and illuminate the decades to come... Like a beatific visit to an old friend after a long separation. Some things are the same, however, there are new factors in the disposition of you both and new wrinkles on your countenance where there was nothing before; and wan smiles and a deepening of the retina from the years; in starlight and the night, illuminations of a previously vanished glory. All in all - an interesting symposium! :)

I hope you have a cool time writing!

Last edited:
Reactions: alceryes

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I assume you mean desktop replacement ARM SoC. We've hard ARM SoC for the last decade or so that can comfortably meet basic computing needs.

Heck we've had x86 SoC that do the same thing for about as long. Apple is taking advantage of the exclusivity with the next generation process node. If someone else bullies their way in, they could make a similar product today.

Reactions: jnjnilson6