--Has anybody purchased this package yet?
What do you think?

I had it for a week now. Still going thru the manual figuring
the systems (FMS) and how to use it.

The model flies quite good.

Only beef, they do not have a landing view, so you need to use shift-enter
to change you view point.

Also there are no tool-tips that show for each gauge and switches.
They are very hard to see.
Would have loved them to have some of the primary instruments
with the ability to enlarge them.

Greg

"Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message

> --Has anybody purchased this package yet?
> What do you think?
>
> I had it for a week now. Still going thru the manual figuring
> the systems (FMS) and how to use it.
>
> The model flies quite good.
>
> Only beef, they do not have a landing view, so you need to use
> shift-enter to change you view point.
>
> Also there are no tool-tips that show for each gauge and switches.
> They are very hard to see.
> Would have loved them to have some of the primary instruments
> with the ability to enlarge them.

I think it's great, but then I have been flyin the PIC 767 for ages and this
is made by the same people.

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

Don't kid yourself. This is a very complex aircraft. I have had it for
about a week now and have only just taken off with a flight plan filed and
entered into the FMC and all IRS's aligned.
Get yourself a good checklist and add it into your leveld 767 folder.

"Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message

> --Has anybody purchased this package yet?
> What do you think?
>
> I had it for a week now. Still going thru the manual figuring
> the systems (FMS) and how to use it.
>
> The model flies quite good.
>
> Only beef, they do not have a landing view, so you need to use
> shift-enter to change you view point.
>
> Also there are no tool-tips that show for each gauge and switches.
> They are very hard to see.
> Would have loved them to have some of the primary instruments
> with the ability to enlarge them.

yeh same, Took me about 3 days to get used to how the 767 flies again, after
having had PIC767 since 2001

Still havn't used the Predicted winds part yet though, but finally got some
SIDs and STARs working for the airports I usually fly in and out of.

"Greg" <ggrh@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>

>> --Has anybody purchased this package yet?
>> What do you think?
>>
>> I had it for a week now. Still going thru the manual figuring
>> the systems (FMS) and how to use it.
>>
>> The model flies quite good.
>>
>> Only beef, they do not have a landing view, so you need to use
>> shift-enter to change you view point.
>>
>> Also there are no tool-tips that show for each gauge and switches.
>> They are very hard to see.
>> Would have loved them to have some of the primary instruments
>> with the ability to enlarge them.
>>

> I think it's great, but then I have been flyin the PIC 767 for ages and
> this is made by the same people.

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Choices choices, given the imminent release of the Captain Sim 767 I think
some of the less brave amongst us will await a comparison review between the
two before making the not insubstantial financial outlay.

"Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> yeh same, Took me about 3 days to get used to how the 767 flies again,
> after having had PIC767 since 2001
>
> Still havn't used the Predicted winds part yet though, but finally got
> some SIDs and STARs working for the airports I usually fly in and out of.
>
> "Greg" <ggrh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> --Has anybody purchased this package yet?
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> I had it for a week now. Still going thru the manual figuring
>>> the systems (FMS) and how to use it.
>>>
>>> The model flies quite good.
>>>
>>> Only beef, they do not have a landing view, so you need to use
>>> shift-enter to change you view point.
>>>
>>> Also there are no tool-tips that show for each gauge and switches.
>>> They are very hard to see.
>>> Would have loved them to have some of the primary instruments
>>> with the ability to enlarge them.
>>>

>> I think it's great, but then I have been flyin the PIC 767 for ages and
>> this is made by the same people.

they both will be great products .. I'm certain ...you will end up buying
both

Vern

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Choices choices, given the imminent release of the Captain Sim 767 I think
> some of the less brave amongst us will await a comparison review between
the
> two before making the not insubstantial financial outlay.
>

> "Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > yeh same, Took me about 3 days to get used to how the 767 flies again,
> > after having had PIC767 since 2001
> >
> > Still havn't used the Predicted winds part yet though, but finally got
> > some SIDs and STARs working for the airports I usually fly in and out
of.

> > "Greg" <ggrh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message

> >> I think it's great, but then I have been flyin the PIC 767 for ages and
> >> this is made by the same people.

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

You know what? I'd stick with the Level D 767. They were the first to
create it and they only improved on everything they already had. It was one
of the best aircraft to come out at the time. Captain Sim had to start from
scratch. Just my 2c

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Choices choices, given the imminent release of the Captain Sim 767 I think
> some of the less brave amongst us will await a comparison review between
> the two before making the not insubstantial financial outlay.
>

> "Trent Hopkinson" <hoppys1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> yeh same, Took me about 3 days to get used to how the 767 flies again,
>> after having had PIC767 since 2001
>>
>> Still havn't used the Predicted winds part yet though, but finally got
>> some SIDs and STARs working for the airports I usually fly in and out of.
>>
>> "Greg" <ggrh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Anthony Acri" <aacri@rogers.com> wrote in message

>>> I think it's great, but then I have been flyin the PIC 767 for ages and
>>> this is made by the same people.

> they both will be great products .. I'm certain ...you will end up buying
> both

I won't :p

My next purchase will probably be PMDG 744

"Trent Hopkinson" wrote:

> My next purchase will probably be PMDG 744

Same here...
I was gonna get the 737-800/900 first, but I have enough flights lined
up with other aircrafts to keep me busy 'till the 747 comes out.

Anyone know a really worth while flight for the 600/700?
Something within the range and with nice scenery along the way and nice
airports.

Marcel