[SOLVED] Lexmark T656dne Monochrome Laser Printer regular horizontal stripes appear on printouts (how do I fix?)

mgoldshteyn

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2012
The toner has a lot remaining (something like 12,000/16,000 pages remaining and it is two years old). Everything appears clean, including the roller in the toner cartridge and all rollers I can see inside the printer with the toner removed, without taking anything apart.

Note: I took the toner cartridge out and shook it very well with no change and spun the green roller in it to make that it is clean, so the toner cart does not appear to be the issue

I am attaching an image to show what I am getting (spacing between the stripes is 5/8" (1.5 cm) and spacing between the stripe pairs (end of previous to start of next) is 1 1/4" (3.2 cm) and center of pair to center of pair is 1 7/8" (4.8 cm). The pairs appear in the same places on each printout and do not appear on an empty page that is printed. The examples below are solid black and 50% gray:

sWmRnRB.jpg

Solution
I use many monochrome laser printers where I work and that looks like what I see when one of the printers has a bad drum....and in my situation the drum costs about as much as a new printer.....so I buy a new printer.