[SOLVED] Lexmark wont print

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfassel

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hello,
I am running Mac OS X 10.6.4 with a Lexmark S605 wireless. Lately, I get a message that my black ink cartridge out (new cartridge) and I can't get it to print. I ran a clean cartridge program from the printer and did a print test- prints beautifully. If I look at the cartridge levels, from the printer, it shows black as empty. What should I try?

Solution
It could be something in the printer, or a communication problem from the computer. Is this printer only for use by that single computer, or is it a network printer?

Go to System Preferences --> Print & Fax to confirm the correct driver is still selected.
You may try re-running your setup wizard or reinstalling the printer's driver software. To narrow possible problems, start with a hardwire connection, then setup for wifi.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
It could be something in the printer, or a communication problem from the computer. Is this printer only for use by that single computer, or is it a network printer?

Go to System Preferences --> Print & Fax to confirm the correct driver is still selected.
You may try re-running your setup wizard or reinstalling the printer's driver software. To narrow possible problems, start with a hardwire connection, then setup for wifi.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.