Lexmark X75 inkjet won't print after refill

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Refilled black ink cartridge before, but this time it won't print. Cartridge
is full.

Put it through a few cleaning cycles, but this is using up valuable color
inks, too. (Wish I had an empty color cartridge to use during these
cycles...)

The ink bottle said "HP" and "Epson", but didn't specifically say "Lexmark".
(Using a different brand ink than I've used before.)

Are inks that different that one for HP and Epson won't work in a Lexmark?

Any other reason anyone can think of why it won't work? How to get it going
again?

Thanks,
--
DaveC
me@privacy.net

I'm having same problem as well as funny fault codes appearing.
I have found that if I remove the colour cartridge, but then tell the
printer it has a used one still in it, I can run test/cartridge clean with
only the black cartridge in.
Mike

"DaveC" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Refilled black ink cartridge before, but this time it won't print.
Cartridge
> is full.
>
> Put it through a few cleaning cycles, but this is using up valuable color
> inks, too. (Wish I had an empty color cartridge to use during these
> cycles...)
>
> The ink bottle said "HP" and "Epson", but didn't specifically say
"Lexmark".
> (Using a different brand ink than I've used before.)
>
> Are inks that different that one for HP and Epson won't work in a Lexmark?
>
> Any other reason anyone can think of why it won't work? How to get it
going
> again?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> DaveC
> me@privacy.net
> This is an invalid return address
> Please reply in the news group

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 03:08:40 -0700, Mike Wylde wrote
(in article <10cqu97nngu690c@corp.supernews.com>):

> I'm having same problem as well as funny fault codes appearing.
> I have found that if I remove the colour cartridge, but then tell the
> printer it has a used one still in it, I can run test/cartridge clean with
> only the black cartridge in.
> Mike

Thanks, Mike.

How do you tell the printer (driver?) that there is a used cartridge in
there?

Thanks,
--
DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Open Lexmark solution centre, go to maintenance, select replace print
cartridge.
Remove the cartridge, close the printer, then select the normal cartridge
type and say yes it's a used one.