lf an atx case with no 5.25 bays and a side panel fan slot

Gupta_

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
I am trying to find a case to move my old build to that has a side panel fan slot and no 5.25 bays. The reason is I want high air flow because my graphics card in particular (rx 480) seems to give off a lot of heat and I believe these 2 features will help with that.

I tried searching on newegg and pcpartpicker with the filters but was not getting accurate results so I thought I would ask here. I found some without 5.25 bays and some with side fans but none with both these features at once.

My cpu uses the standard intel cooler. Window and looks don't matter since it will be hidden from view. I live in USA and will purchase from online.

build:
CPU i5 6600
MOBO asus b150 pro gaming aura
RAM 2x8gb g.skill ripjaws v 2400 ddr4
PSU seasonic g-series 550w
GRAPHICS msi gaming x rx 480 4gb
STORAGE crucial mx300 m.2 sata 525gb

Solution
i'd recommend this one:

Fractal Design Define S (~$80 to ~$90)
7acea57a35cc428f2ca379748419afcc.1600.jpg

EchohcE

Respectable
Sep 7, 2016
It doesn't have a side panel fan slot, but I've found through personal use with MY rx 480 (Sapphire Nitro 8gb) that Fractal Design makes incredible cases for airflow. I'm currently using the FD Mini-C, which is for micro-atx, but their Define C is an identical case for ATX motherboards. My gpu Furmarked at 75C for 12 hours in that case.

Note that I made sure to have Positive Airflow, with all the intakes covered by dust filters.

On a related note, if your gpu is overheating, you may wish to redo the thermal paste on it just like you'd do for a cpu. Mine dropped 12C from changing the paste, enough that I was able to overclock it a fair bit.