Question LF: Good used Laptop

moegerbyte

Reputable
Nov 11, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a usedor refurbished Laptop / convertible for typing my diploma thesis in Architecture.

I need:
  1. Budget is tiny (I would like to spend < 350€) for the sake of comparability let's go with 450€ and hope to find a good deal.
  2. Size: I'll be typing a lot so between 13" and 15" are my range, I tend to go with smaller for better mobility.
  3. Use: Typing, Home Office, occasional light Photoshop application;
    1. SSD absolute necessity, but ~150GB absolutely suffice
    2. RAM 6-8GB
I appreciate
  • Touch screen, possibly with pen for rough sketching of drawings and later use as a pad with basic internet capacity at home is appreciated. No perfect WACOM drawing capacity needed.
  • Reasonable Display. I have problems with my eyes getting tired and worse with the years.
  • "Futureproofness": I don't expect high performance for 10 years, but would appreciate stable use at home for the next 2 or so.
So far I have checked out like every review online and looked at the HP Spectre x360-, Dell Latitude- and Lenovo ThinkPad series, they are still very expansive and probably a little too top-of-the-notch.

I specifically looked at a HP Pavilion x360 14-ba019ng which looks like it could be what I need. But it is pretty hard to find good advise on how well the resold products perform. Have you guys had any experience with longevity and the like?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
moegerbyte

Last edited: