[SOLVED] LF High Quality Panel, non-smart TV

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys

im looking for a high(ish) quality TV screen.

120 hz and 2k/4k resolution ~40-45" would be ideal.

I dont need SmartTV capabilities because i plan on using my own little SFF entertainment build for all that.

I dont want to pay the upcharge that is associated with "smart TV" because theyre all grossly underpowered as far as processing is concerned. it seems silly to use an Amazon Firestick or ROKU or AppleTV for a TV thats already "smart," but that seems to be the best option currently.

TL;DR

does anyone know where i can find high quality LED TV/Monitors for good deals that dont have all the silly "smart TV" bells and whistles?

Solution
Well, I must say that 5 years ago, this "non-smart TV" argument was valid. Nowadays, "Smart" TVs more-or-less ubiquitous.

Also, what's the reason for wanting a 40-45" TV? Is there a physical limitation associated with that? (cutout in a entertainment center hutch or something?)

Vizio M437-G0 = $400 - Review Here

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
What's your budget?
What country are you shopping in?

~500$.

USA

Its not a purchase im making today by any means, but ive been talking about and researching this topic for a while now.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-...est-43a-non-smart-4k-uhd-tv.html#post50853673

this is the highest quality discussion i've found on the non-smart TV venture...still hoping one of the big tech companies starts making a high quality panel without smart TV capabilities because i hate to believe the best non-smart TV is a smart TV that is denied internet access.

im considering just trying to find a 40" computer monitor and doing what i want with it, but computer monitors are insanely more expensive than TV panels and idk why...gaming market inflation? idk.

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
Well, I must say that 5 years ago, this "non-smart TV" argument was valid. Nowadays, "Smart" TVs more-or-less ubiquitous.

Also, what's the reason for wanting a 40-45" TV? Is there a physical limitation associated with that? (cutout in a entertainment center hutch or something?)

Vizio M437-G0 = $400 - Review Here

the 40-45 inch thing is just because its meant for a smaller room. i have a 55" 4K LG Smart TV in my living room and i HATE its smart hub. not enough memory or processing power, even trying to browse thru Youtube tv is painful. Plenty good enough for netflix and bluerays though.

So i wanna slightly smaller one in other room where i can eventually hook up nextgen console, so higher refresh rate would be nice because im assuming the PS5 and new xbox may have higher refresh rate options...and if not, well id rather watch sports on a higher refresh rate anyway.