LF PSU Replacement Suggestions

heyyo1235

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Recently had issues with hard lock ups and found it to be an issue with my PSU fan not working. So now I'm in the process of returning it and looking for another one. Unfortunately the one I had is now out of stock pretty much every where so I'm looking for alternatives.

Looking for something 750W preferably (upgrading basically everything), price isn't too big of an issue as long as its excellent quality. I was looking at the Corsair HX750, but seems like they have quite a few defective models. Any input on those?

Open to all suggestions and thanks in advance.

Solution
Corsair is my favorite brand. Never had an issue with one... My current two systems are run by Corsair HX850's, driving a GTX 690 & GTX 460 dedicated PhyiX in one. And, a pair of R9 280X in Crossfire in the other. They don't even get Warm......

They don't come with a seven (7) year warranty for nothing.....

I've also used Antec and Seasonic also both solid brands....

jb6684

Distinguished
Corsair is my favorite brand. Never had an issue with one... My current two systems are run by Corsair HX850's, driving a GTX 690 & GTX 460 dedicated PhyiX in one. And, a pair of R9 280X in Crossfire in the other. They don't even get Warm......

They don't come with a seven (7) year warranty for nothing.....

I've also used Antec and Seasonic also both solid brands....

Solution

jb6684

Distinguished
If you want to power any Single GPU, just get a good 650watt supply....

If you want to power Dual GPUs the HX850 will do ......

Those 750watt supplies, are kinda no-man's land, bigger than you need for one GPU, and TOO Small for two GPUs...