LF Slim Size Fan Controler & 120 Fan / Cooling Questions

qba1500

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
Hello,

I'm working on a build using - SilverStone SG05W LITE

There is a super slim drive slot, in which i would like to install Fan Controller. But i cant seem to find any in this size?

Other thing i need is a 120 fan, with lights that work even if the fan will be set to 0.

Now the build is:
Asrock Fatal1ty B450 ITX
Athlon 200GE & Alpine AM4 Passive
Crucial MX500 1TB M.2
Corsair DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3000 Kit
Enermax Revolution 550W SFX, PC-Netzteil
1050Ti KalmX

And i wonder, can i remove fan from PSU? Since the build will use 300W at most.
Can i use spray paint on the CPU radiator?

How much of a difference there is beetwen 200GE and 2200G or 1600 when it comes to normal work?

I saw people suggesting going for bdie memmory with Ryzen, does it make a difference?

Any sugestions, much apreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
There has never been a fan controller the size of a slim loading optical drive. Your best bet would be to mod the case and retrofit a 3.5" fan controller in there but my argument is, why even bother when you cna get away with power efficient components in your SFF chassis?

No, please don't tamper with the PSU since you seem like you don't know what you're doing.
I wouldn't spray paint the Arctic's CPU cooler fins since you're already working in a confined space and the cooler you've listed is a horrible choice, you're better off with the bundled cooler.

You can't look at passive cooling if you intend to look towards the 2200G and Ryzen 5 1600. If you intend to overclock, then you'll soon learn that the TDP on the box is not the TDP after you overclock.

Mind sharing with the community what you actually want the build to accomplish...? I think you could have the community chime in on ideas and help you figure out how to drive a nail straight as opposed to drive a nail at an angle with a broken arm. Get my drift?

qba1500

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
What i want to make is a fairly cheap, small, ideally fanless build.

I didnt find any budget fanless SFX PSU's so i thought, that ill take a decent higher Wattage PSU, and just get rid of the fan.
200GE is enough for me, im not planning to OC it.

Now i assume that is going to produce a lot of heat, so the one front fan will be neseccary? I wanted to get this one and the temperatures on the controller.

At second thought, i guess it might be too much heat in too small space, with not enough whiff?

Can i make it work? How to keep it fanless?

EDIT: Found Cases made specifically for what im trying to accomplish. If i go with something like Streacom will that work? What cases would you reccomend.