LG 25" monitor response time

TechsavvyAMD

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014

we really don't know whether this guy wants to play games,because if he is gamer he would have know about the color depth...............and 14ms will not slow down the game,bcoz it is negligible....................

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

True, but from his original post you can feel he is divided on the monitor depending on if it was 14ms or 5ms. The importance of the latency may be the reason why he posted here in the first place. But at the least it is an 8bit monitor like the op was looking for and it's 100% SRGB too which is nice for design work and printing.

@-Lone-, you make sense too. I game on my TV too sometimes and don't really see the difference but I always thought it was my way below average vision as there is a good amount of people who want 5ms or lower.

qubits

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
o yes you can get motion blur and ghosting if the response time is to slow and would be more prone to input lag with vsync

@lone you would know it if your response time was 100ms lol

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Oh so ghosting can be caused by response time? I've noticed sometimes in AC Unity that it may kind of look like 3D gaming, because the outlines of objects are not clear sometimes. But then it wasn't like that today. Okay then thanks for that. Hopefully the OP found what he needed help for

qubits

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
yeah.. if your using a tv some of them have a game or pc mode and it is different from brand and model what it actually does but it can bypass the display processor, reduce response time and increase refresh rate

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Ah I see. I believe I can set my TV to be in PC mode through the menu, and then with the AMD Driver (Catalyst) I can set to bypass the display processor. I haven't done that though so I should do that tomorrow. Thanks once again.

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

Yeah, I disabled ITC processing when I was breadboarding my PC but I did a fresh install of drivers and never disabled it again. I did set some color setting from CMYK 444 to RGB 444 as I've heard CMYK is more for bluray videos, etc which I don't use while RGB is for basically everything else/computers. I've probably received more help/info here than OP. Don't want to hijack thread haha.