Question LG 27GL83A-B 27 - Audio cuts out for a few seconds at beginning of video when connected to monitor

Jan 26, 2020
After recently upgrading my monitor to a LG 27GL83A-B 27 I've been having the following problem:

Every time I start a video (doesn't matter if its something being streamed online or a video on my drive) the sound will cut out about 1 second in and then come back after 3 seconds (exactly the same amount of time, every time). After that the audio will be just fine. If I open/start a new video within a few seconds of closing the other video then this doesn't happen. However given about a minute or less if I open a new video the same issue will happen. Even pausing a video for a short amount of time will also cause this to happen again.

I would almost think this is a software/driver issue but the only variable here is my new monitor. Never had this problem with my old monitor or when plugging my speakers into my MOBO (I don't do this only because I get noise/static). I don't quite understand how my monitor could be affecting my sound but if someone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I can't seem to find anything like this problem online.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS