Question LG 27gl83a-b 27 inch causing eye strain/headaches

Jan 24, 2023
Hello, I upgraded from an ACER CB242Y 24 inch 1080p 75HZ to an lg 27gl83a-b 27 inch 1440p 144HZ. I reduced the brightness, contrast, etc - but no matter what I do, i get headaches from it after 15 minutes or so. I went back to my old Acer and now I have no headaches. I do normal work on it (email, code) and also gaming such as Valorant, Far cry 6 etc.
I am beginning to think 27inch size is the problem, but I did want to replace my old Acer to something higher Hz. Both these monitors are IPS, so I do not think I have issue with IPS displays. Since 1440p only comes in 27 inches, I have no choice but to stick with 1080p 24 inch ( i have a 3060ti).
I have heard AOC 24G2SP 23.8" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz is also a great option - But i have heard that this monitor also gives people headaches and eye strain.
Any ideas why this is happening with the LG and any way I can avoid in a new monitor ? Anything I should search with the new monitor to avoid eye strain/headache that the LG is potentially causing ?
Thank you.

Eye strain can be caused by many things, but I doubt the screen size specifically is the issue.
27" is a sweet spot for 1440p, and should have overall greater "resolution" (pixels per inch) than your old monitor.
Have you changed scaling at all with the new monitor? Turned on/off any clarity settings in windows/monitor settings? Do you have any other light on besides the monitor itself? Are you sensitive to blue light? etc.
I personally have never encountered eye strain on any model monitor/refresh rate/resolution/size combination to date, so it could be something specific to that panel for you.