Review LG 27GN950-B 4K 144Hz Monitor Review: One Fast Pixel Mover

CXB

Reputable
Sep 9, 2019
The most recent firmware to the LG 27GN950-B pushes the display rate to 160Hz at 4k (the firmware takes a nervous 30+ minutes to load)
A very nice monitor, well-suited to DisplayPort, DSC and the new graphics cards coming out (I was lucky to bag an RTX3070)

Wanderingm00se

Prominent
Nov 23, 2019
Honestly, if this had an HDMI 2.1 it would have been an instant buy for me running this well. Maybe a refresh next year will have it. Got a series X as video card prices in Canada are insane right now if available and consoles are almost readily available and are cheaper than US pricing after conversion.

tomy_12

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2015
I heard with this monitor cannot cancel the option that the monitor will go to deep sleep, is kind of big let down when the monitor fall a sleep and can't wake up. I don't want my monitor to fall a sleep, I can make the pc set to sleep mode alone. would be nice if you can mention it in the review.

CXB

Reputable
Sep 9, 2019
Well, you may have heard that, but I've just left my PC and my LG 27GN950 alone for 4 hours, and as soon as I hit my space bar on the keyboard, everything just woke up where it had left off.

What I do find is that sometimes, with a second monitor, the GPU gets in a twist. But that's not a problem related to this monitor.