LG 27UD68P vs LG27UD69P

hyeedo

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
hello!
I was looking for a 4k display under $400 to use for ps4/pc gaming as well as text document reading and writing. Does anyone know if there is any quality difference between the lg 27UD68P and 27UD69P besides the newer ud69 having height and tilt adjustment. I understand the 27UD68 also has picture in picture features the 27ud69 does not which got me to wonder if the newer one has any advantage.

Solution
If you are really ok with 4k 27", the difference between those monitors are minimal.
I would simply get the cheaper one.

Wow! you are really sitting really close to the monitor so that you can really tell the difference between 4k and FHD on 27-28". This is not really a good habit but it is not my problem anyway.
The thing is, having 4k on small screen such as 27" does not bring any benefit or any sense, since human eyes can not really see the difference unless the distance between your eyes to the monitor is less than 1 feet or so.
4k on 27" is only a marketing gimmick.
There is a limit on where human eyes can really recognize the difference of having higher dpi on certain viewing distance.

4k resolution makes a lot more sense on PC monitor starting from 32" and above (preferably 37" or higher), if your eyes are about 3-5 feet away from the monitor.

hyeedo

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
I currently have an aoc 28" 4k tn panel, the higher resolution allows you to sit closer than a similar 1080 and have more open tabs at once while still having a clear view of everything. I understand 4k would probably be better on a 32" display.

If you are really ok with 4k 27", the difference between those monitors are minimal.
I would simply get the cheaper one.

Wow! you are really sitting really close to the monitor so that you can really tell the difference between 4k and FHD on 27-28". This is not really a good habit but it is not my problem anyway.

Solution

sherrimclardo

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

This is 100% completely and utterly false. I think he must have bad vision and not realize it or something. It makes a huge, significant difference. Please, nobody pay any heed to this comment.

Jul 15, 2019
I had to sign up after below remark, what a load of crap. if you can't tell the difference between a 4k and 1080 display in a screen size of 27 you are one of a kind. there is major difference especially in operation systems as MacOS and Windows which can scale the whole interface.

nobody listen to this advice, if you have doubt, go check it out in the stores !

hello!
I was looking for a 4k display under $400 to use for ps4/pc gaming as well as text document reading and writing. Does anyone know if there is any quality difference between the lg 27UD68P and 27UD69P besides the newer ud69 having height and tilt adjustment. I understand the 27UD68 also has picture in picture features the 27ud69 does not which got me to wonder if the newer one has any advantage.