LG 34UC79G-B 144hz option doesn't show up.

reppsol

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017
Hello, recently I purchased the LG 34UC79G-B and had a little problem while I connected the monitor using display port. The highest refresh rate that show up is only on 100hz and there's no option for 144hz.

Thanks.

Specs:

i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V
Sapphire R9 270x 4GB
Gskill 16gb DDR3

undgKJn.jpg

Solution

Did this after i asked? Can you reinstall the AMD drivers then? Can use DDU to remove the old drivers or when first installing the AMD drivers it askes if you want to install or remove drivers,at that time first do a removal.
One thing you also can try is just taking the drivers you choose and install them over the current drivers.

I'm starting to run out of ideas,might want to contact LG support as well.

reppsol

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017

The identify just showing what's the current number of the monitor when you click on it.
The specs looks like the picture below when you click on it:

J0fjRNy.png

zwhArNc.png

reppsol

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017

The monitor doesn't have a DVI port, I will have to buy a display port to DVI cable to try it out. Freesync is disable.

reppsol

Reputable
Sep 18, 2017

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Did this after i asked? Can you reinstall the AMD drivers then? Can use DDU to remove the old drivers or when first installing the AMD drivers it askes if you want to install or remove drivers,at that time first do a removal.
One thing you also can try is just taking the drivers you choose and install them over the current drivers.

I'm starting to run out of ideas,might want to contact LG support as well.

Solution