LG Announces 19-inch, Flexible, E-Paper Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundm001

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
As a scifi fan as well as tech enthusiast I am always excited to see marketable technology become reality. Was anyone else a little amazed when you saw the epaper in the movie "Minority Report"? I for one really like this.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Could you guys dig up a little more about the 11.5" Skiff reader, please? Battery life seems like a really interesting topic since the reader is so thin, yet relatively packed. Also weight! :)

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]The fact that it's slim, thus light, is very nice. But why does it have to be flexible?"Hey guys, look! I can bend my new *CRACK* ... Oh shit..."[/citation]

Lmao. I had the same though. Just like the "unbreakable cell phone".

quovatis

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Using metal foil seems like it would eventually break if you flex it many times. It's durability would thus be quite low I would think.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Drip50291[/nom]Harry Potter newspapers anyone? this is awesome[/citation]
I was thinking Minority Report (Harry Potter is magic, afterall), but yeah.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I, have just been waiting to see it in the news. I have had full faith this would happen. It will most certainly branch out in many other forms. Depending on it's brightness, would be nice to have tiled on your ceiling for limitless lighting. ANYTHING, that is just a corny "idea".

G

reminds me of the old Hyper-color tshirts that came out in the early 90's... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.