LG Announces 5.5-inch G3 Android Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Why do reviewers always feel the need to bash plastic phones? It is actually more impact resistant, lighter weight, and Qi charging is a huge benefit which you lose out on if you go with metal construction. Maybe you guys should think about it a little bit more before calling it a "disappointment". As long as the finish is nice, who cares?

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
For me the biggest benefit of usb 3 on my phone is not actually the transfer speed but the wider plug just feels a lot sturdier. I do however still notice the higher transfer speeds on my note 3.

Alathorne

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I saw a video from MobileTechReview on the HTC One M8, where Lisa pointed out the metal can be more affected by temperature changes than plastic. Yesterday I held several phones in an air conditioned store. The M8 was noticeably colder than the other, plastic backed phones. That could be uncomfortable outside in the winter in the northern States. I think that it's not just "plastic=bad." It's situational, and the type of plastic. The S4 just seems cheap to me, where the S5 was pretty good.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
At 5.5 inch screen, that looks more like a phablet than phone. Why do they have to make the screens bigger and bigger? It just makes the device unwieldy.

Uhm thats exactly what it is. Stick with you're tiny Iphone let the adults have fun with one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.