LG Announces New Batch Of 4K TVs Ahead Of CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Where are you buying TVs? The 40UB8000 is currently being liquidated all over, you can actually find it under $600. I suspect that by next December that almost all TVs will be 4K, It's more expensive to make a 4K screen that's 15" but for a 50" screen it's pretty easy. The pixel density is lower than a lot of 1080 laptop screens.

I'm waiting for a 45"-50" 4K IPS from a decent manufacturer (Like LG, Samsung, Sony or Sharp) for less than $1000. Now that's the sort of screen I want to have for the next 10 years. I figure I'll be able to pick one up within a year. Heck LG might announce it at CES and I'll pick it up just before they announce the next model in December 2015. The TV makers seem to be falling over each other to offer huge sets at low prices.

GameLifter

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

I would prefer it not be curved as well. I plan to game on it so 4K isn't a requirement for me. Also, it would be out of my price range, lol! Speaking of gaming, I hope the next batch of TVs have better gaming features like low input lag and maybe even some form of blur reduction technology like backlight strobing but that's wishful thinking.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@ gamelifter
You want low input lag stay below 32". That's just basic physics; and cannot be changed, even with a higher refresh rate. Smaller screens = less distance for screen refresh = lower input lag.

GameLifter

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

Never knew that about screens. Thanks for the info! It looks like I'll have to live with higher input lag with whatever TV I decide to get.

GameLifter

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

There are already 4K TVs out there that are fairly cheap depending on your price range. I guess it depends on the brand, size, and quality, etc.

jujuvivi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

Normal you never heard about it GameLifter, this is complete BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.