LG brightness flickering

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
I just bought a LG 22MP68VQ-P 21.5 inch full hd 75hz gaming monitor 2 months ago which i'm very pleased to use but since then i've noticed something quite interesting. I'm used to using 75hz over 1080p almost all the time and sometimes, after a couple of days or less, the screen tends to have an intermitent brightness, not noticeable when having a bright image but a darker one.
The way i got to fix this was chaning the refresh rate to 60, but even at 60, this thing still happenes, so if i change back to 75 it disappears.
I also tried plugging and unplugging the hdmi cable from both sides and nothing changed. I uninstalled the software that came with thinking that would be the cause.

What do you think, is this a hardware issue, could be the cable ? with vga i haven't noticed anything like this but the truth is i haven't used vga connection for more than a few minutes to see if the flicker disappears, and it did disappear.

shashankmurthy1996

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
Fix:
{On the monitor(hardware) cannot be done from the software}
Java:
{Settings->Power Saving->Low}
to
Java:
{Settings->Power Saving->Off}

Logically the flicker happens because the monitor is actively managing the power so whenever there is a frame where the brightness can be adjusted to maximize power saving to meet the settings value it will do it. Default is low.

BuBu Shofronea

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014

wait, where this, monitor's menu ? you mean to turn off smart energy saving ?