News LG Debuts UltraGear 45-Inch 240Hz Curved OLED Gaming Monitor

Makaveli

Splendid
No thank you.

3440x1440 at 45" will be like 82 PPI

Where as a 34 Ultrawide gives you 109 PPI so text will look terrible on that.

This monitor should have had 3840x1600 res which is what 38" ultrawides use.

800R curve is very aggressive also a no for me dawg.

No thank you.

3440x1440 at 45" will be like 82 PPI

Where as a 34 Ultrawide gives you 109 PPI so text will look terrible on that.

This monitor should have had 3840x1600 res which is what 38" ultrawides use.

800R curve is very aggressive also a no for me dawg.
You do know you can change the flex rate, right? I do agree about the lack of resolution, though. I still think the 42" 4k oled will be nice. I have the 55" c1 and it's an amazing monitor just too big for comfortable desktop use.

Makaveli

Splendid
You do know you can change the flex rate, right? I do agree about the lack of resolution, though. I still think the 42" 4k oled will be nice. I have the 55" c1 and it's an amazing monitor just too big for comfortable desktop use.

"The critical difference is LG has decided on a fixed 800R curvature, and the Corsair leaves the degree of screen curve up to the user (between totally flat and approx 800R). Perhaps LG wasn’t happy with the creaky Corsair flexing mechanism, which doesn’t create a true arc, but rather a display with two flat sides plus a bend in the middle."

On the Corsair model sure not on this LG its fixed as per the article.

"The critical difference is LG has decided on a fixed 800R curvature, and the Corsair leaves the degree of screen curve up to the user (between totally flat and approx 800R). Perhaps LG wasn’t happy with the creaky Corsair flexing mechanism, which doesn’t create a true arc, but rather a display with two flat sides plus a bend in the middle."

I apparently cannot read or comprehend anything. I thought this was the article for the Corsair model.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020

Both solutions don't appeal to me. Flexible screen sounds nice, but I feel it is more marketing than it being really useful since not many people will keep changing the degree of curve. LG's solution however is too curved. While Alienware's QD OLED monitor is not a direct comparison to these 2, I think the fixed curve and size works best.

Reactions: Makaveli