LG Demonstrates Self-Healing G Flex Curved Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I stopped reading at 720p. For $300 and it being 2014 you would think 1920 x 1080 would be standard for a phone like this. Nope. Waiting for a truly flexable/bendable screen phone later this year. Note 4?

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Unless tape slip is glued in the battery is pretty much removable.
I stopped reading at 720p. For $300 and it being 2014 you would think 1920 x 1080 would be standard for a phone like this. Nope. Waiting for a truly flexable/bendable screen phone later this year. Note 4?
It's like first... did you expect them to go super amoled uhd with this ?

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I love my LG Optimus G--still a powerhouse, and I have no real reason to upgrade to anything else ATM. But the G Flex is a poorly designed phone in many ways. The only purpose for a curved screen is to say you have a curved screen. It brings nothing. The only purpose to have a slightly flexible phone is to say that you have a flexible phone. Again, brings nothing to the device. Drop and durability tests have shown that the G Flex is no more durable/resistant to breakage than any other smartphone.Also, please, abandon the buttons on the back side of the phone. They must have ignored ergonomics testing with this design. I wish button layouts for power/lock and volume +/- would go back to the power button being at the top of the phone, and volume +/- being on the side of the phone. I hate the new trend where the power button is on one side of the phone, and volume +/- are on the other side of the phone--it's easy to hit screen lock when you want to change the volume. Putting the buttons on the back of the phone were not the answer...especially with one-handed operation!

Status
Not open for further replies.