Lg Dvd Writer Burning Problem

G

Hello,
I Am having lg dvd writer
It will Burn cd's and not Burn Dvd's and no responce from softwares

hiteshwild

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
the problem is with your writer. replace it if it is under warranty. OR IF U HAD ALREADY MAKE GOOD USE OF IT THEN BUY A NEW ONE BECAUSE AFTER A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME THE LENS BECOME WEAK AND START SUCH TYPE OF PROBLEMS. DONT BUY LG AGAIN . GO FOR ASUS INSTEAD

I thought LG makes some of the best optical drives which are the best in reading scratched dvd's which other drives refuse to read.. As for lens quality and best burning results, i trust Sony above all.. And switch to IMGBURN for burning your data..

G

Helo
I have LG DVD-Burner. Model is HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GH22NP20 , recently I found that I am unable to write any DVD. I have just wasted my 8 DVD to figure out the problem. It actually starts writing then after 1 % it won't do any activity but if I abort it then it starts writing something, as if it was thinking that I will write after user stops . So when I see my DVD which was aborted, it has something written.
Looks like that it writes the data which should be there before finishing the actual write.

But it will burn rewritable dvd 100%

G

Try updating the firmware.

The fact that it seems happy with re-writables might suggest a laser problem (as the laser works differently on the two types).

Raptorel

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
I have an LG and does the same: stops at 1% in Nero. If I cancel the burning action, then it writes something like a 1MB "session" and ejects the DVD. It's better to restart the computer from the restart button to stop that from happening and keep my blank DVD.

Any ideas?

Raptorel

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
By the way - I could write double-layer DVDs at 2.4x... I could write a re-writeable DVD... but not DVD-R that I was writing with no problems in the past (same brand as in the past).

Raptorel

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
It still doesn't make much sense to stop at 1%. I mean, why wouldn't it fail randomly at 13 or 24 %, why always stop at 1%. Probably it can't start the burning process or something.

So anyway, you recommend lite-on or asus?