LG G4 Announcement: What We Expect, What We Want

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanchiuho

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
I come from the G2, and damn it was a killer phone. It's about time that manufacturers take a step back on screen size and resolution dick contests; I would greatly appreciate an actual sub-flagship with a 5.0-5.2" FHD screen, SD slot and >3000mAh battery on lollipop.

Looking at you, G4 beat.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I don't need a phone with a 5 inch display that can do 4k. I need a phone that is all round good. A great 1080p. great camera. Storage for micro SD and a CPU/GPU That will power it. AND A BATTERY THAT WILL LAST FOR 3 DAYS. And removable. Not a phone with over powered CPU/GPU. sub standard camera and a stinking 4k display. while the phone lasts a half day on a charge!!!!

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Not sure I understand the logic of these Octacore phones, the performance boost is dismal and the low power state is a joke. Doing this has gained them nothing.

In summary, Xperia Z1 still going strong.
1080p, crazy camera, top processor, sd card, all week battery life and waterproof.

Nothing much has happened in mobile technology since this was released in 2013.

jlocke13

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
i have the G3 brilliant phone.. replaceable battery and sd slot are a must for any phone theses days G4 is continuing this spec

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
What a terrible article. I have a G3 and I love it. The "weakest phone of the bunch"? It was the best phone at the time, compare it to the S5- Faster clocked CPU, 1GB more RAM, 16GB more storage, and higher screen resolution. My phone has always been very fast, no lag, it made me swtich from Samsung to LG. The rear buttons and the screen double tap are great.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Metal is overrated, I'd rather have a durable plastic phone with good signal reception (as plastics better allow for cell signals to pass through) than a metal, dent and tarnishable phone. Plus let's not forget the inability (or rather unwillingness) for manufacturers to make a metal phone with removable battery and micro SD components

ddt529

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
For me, battery life is a priority. I agree that the QHD display trend on phones seems to be a peen contest. LG G2 still beats both on battery life - 34 hours vs 19 hours.
Just got the lollipop update for G2 and loving it. Until they can match the battery life of the G2 using QHD, I'll pass. Rather get a QHD tablet with a 8"+ screen that really takes advantage of the higher resolution. 1080p is more than enough for a phone.

manon255

Reputable
May 20, 2015
While most manufacturers rely on plastic, glass or metal, the Korean has chosen him to opt for genuine leather.
A bold choice, which does not necessarily seduce all users, but which has at least the merit to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS