[SOLVED] LG G4 screen intermittently does not turn on

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
So this has been going on for a few months, but it only happened twice previously. Both times, the screen turned on with a backwards contrast, and then my reaction is to turn the screen off and back on. It wouldn't turn back on for a while, until after about 2 minutes if I remember correctly. When the screen is supposed to be on and isn't, and I hold the power button down, it vibrates as it usually does when it shows the power menu.

This time, however, the same thing happened. Except the issue is lasting much longer. Once in a while, the screen does turn on. But usually, it won't. I tried restarting the phone during one of the times that it did turn on. Is it just "getting old", or is the screen ribbon loose or something? I have not dealt with phone or tablet hardware myself yet, so I don't trust myself on it. I do computers.

Also, I should note that about a month ago I reset the phone because of another issue where images turn black when I transfer them to my PC. Since the issue happened before that once and after that (This is the second time in a month), Resetting can't be the solution.

I used the little posting area on the right side of the page, and it ended up in the Storage section of the Forums. Not sure how to move it...

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
According to the local repair shop, LG G4s notoriously have loose processors, besides the boot loop issue. So after a while, as it loses some connection, it messes up the screen's display. I'm not sure how much sense this makes, but since he tried another screen and it still did the same thing, and since no one here appears to have an answer, that's the best answer I could get- That my phone is dying, with nothing I can do about it.

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
OK, so for anyone reading this post- I just switched back to this phone after 4 years, and it suddenly came back to life!

It does sort of crash and restart itself once in a long while when trying to wake the phone up (And I mean, like once a week it does that).

But it's alive! The screen no longer turns pink and it turns on- Maybe the phone just needed a rest, and that's all? I have no technical explanation for this.

Anyway, I know this is an old post but for any LG G4 owners out there who have a phone that suffered the same issue that most G4s have, this is a bit of hope. But it's probably time for a new phone soon.