LG Goes Premium With Dual Screen Metal V10 Smartphone, Also Outs Second-Gen Urbane Smartwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

realnoize

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
Micro SD slot. Replaceable battery. LG's one of the last mobile phone manufacturer that still include these features in its top-tier phones. Practically everyone else has abandonned these... I currently own an LG G3, and I guess my next phone will probably still be an LG, as these features are very important to me.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Front facing stereo speakers please.

Everything else is 100% spot on!
Removable battery? Check
Expandable storage? check
Fingerprint reader? Check
More than 2GB of RAM? Check

remyj

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
I still do not see the reason for all these premium materials being so in demand. Don't the majority of the buyers immediately stuff their beautiful new premium phone into a hard plastic case that covers all these premium materials? Seems a bit of a waste to me. Maybe instead of putting all the money into premium materials they could instead offer it in quality plastics as they have done and then offer a real compact version of the phone in addition to the phablet version. I'd love this phone if it had a 5" screen.

floppyedonkey

Honorable
Nov 18, 2014
Front facing stereo speakers please.

Everything else is 100% spot on!
Removable battery? Check
Expandable storage? check
Fingerprint reader? Check
More than 2GB of RAM? Check

Yeah missing wireless charging, negative it uses android worst mobile OS and it doesn't include a selfie stick.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I still do not see the reason for all these premium materials being so in demand. Don't the majority of the buyers immediately stuff their beautiful new premium phone into a hard plastic case that covers all these premium materials? Seems a bit of a waste to me. Maybe instead of putting all the money into premium materials they could instead offer it in quality plastics as they have done and then offer a real compact version of the phone in addition to the phablet version. I'd love this phone if it had a 5" screen.

Funny thing is, these premium materials are actually cheaper than quality plastics, but more difficult to work with.

CraigCore2

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I find this second screen stupid. Of all the places, let's put it on top! Where even my extra large hands can't reach the far side. And to top it off, the second screen doesn't appear to have the same PPI! Why LG? I want to like you. You have what I want, in a way I don't like...

For now I'll stick with my Note Edge. Best phone ever made, but oh my is there a lack of support.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Is it that difficult to include an e-ink display at the back that can make thing be usable as a full smartphone (without video or heavy effects? Lesser companies have done this, its a nice idea.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I would like to see dual back cameras at typical eyes distance between each other for stereo photo/video even without a proper screen to show them.

Gaidax

Distinguished
Definitely a strong entry, my personal favorite is replaceable battery. It's a shame that other vendors caved in to the drooling unwashed masses in their fanatical attempts to make device 1mm thinner at expense of basic features.

I considered skipping this generation, but maybe LG might score with me after all.

Thomas_16

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
Removable battery, rugged premium looking materials, dual front cameras, secondary screen, this phone has almost everything. I said almost because I'm still looking for that one thing missing, IP67. Seriously though, I think phone manufacturers should consider putting that feature in their phones. So far, only sony does it. TO be fair though, both S6 Edge and Note Edge also don't have it. But at least, the V10 has its advantages as seen here http://versus.com/en/lg-v10-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-edge-vs-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge , like the laser autofocus.

Agreed. So many compromises made for stupid metrics. A phone that's slightly larger is NOT going to suddenly going to increase your phone's gravitational pull to the ground so substantively your hand will become trapped and you'll cry out in agony as your bones are slowly crushed between the phone and your hand. All for a "lol" text, no less!

Give me a thicker phone. You know what I get with that?
#1: Qi Charging
#2: Large Battery
#2.5: MicroSD
#3: OIS
#4: Cool stuff I probably don't know about yet

Apple has a nice design, but they shouldn't be emulated if you want a solid, competent product with all the bells and whistles. I've found a ton of phones with the features I want, but they all have one dealbreaker: MediaTek processors. You can't get updates with those phones and roms don't exist because they violate the GPL and don't release kernel source.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
What about repairability? Do you need to replace the entire motherboard if e.g. the USB/Charger port wears out and start to get glitchy as you have to with most LG phones, or have they started to put the USB port on a separate removable module like Samsung does at least with models prior to Galaxy S6.

Status
Not open for further replies.