Question LG gram key stopped working. costco says not mfg issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
i bought the LG gram 17 at costco because of the price and the extra year warranty. that deal is over in august this year. over the past few months the V key slowly stopped working. usually could press it hard and it would work. but then it died. i popped off they key and sprayed with air and worked a bit then stopped. then i broke the plastic hinge thing under the key but still pressing the plunger didnt make the key work so it was officially dead. called costco and they said send pics in and you hear back in 24 hours. been 2 weeks so i emailed them and they said after looking at the pics that it's not a mfg defect.

no clue how they could tell if wasnt the motherboard or keyboard so i called in. all the guy told me is they cant go any further because none of my pics has the 'entire 4 corners' of the unit in every pic. so i need to send in new pics.

so can they actually test the mother board or keyboard to know if it's working. what if i just did want a local shop to fix it? just unsure the test as to why only one key wont work

What you should have done was leave things alone and take it to either Costco or their authorized service center and let them do the diagnosis. Now you'll have to pay them to fix it. Sounds like you were rather hamfisted with things.

luckydriver

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
how do you test to fix it? i saw the vid to tear down to the keyboard and its not fun. plus keyboard takes 3 months from china to get. but if i knew it was it, id do it probably

Status
Not open for further replies.