LG L227WTG-PF... Glossy Screen? Is That Good

Coolio_alert

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
The Glossy Screen Of The LG L227WTG-PF Seems Rather Dumb Don't You Think, I Went To The Retail Store And Took A Look At It I Could See Myself In The Monitor. Say Its A Bright Day And You Have The Monitor By A Window, Wont You See The Sun's Light On The Screen? If So That's A Major Distraction! If You Can Answer This Question For Me It Would Be Greatly Appreciated! All Opinions Welcome, I Don't Need Other Monitor Suggestions By The Way.

L227WTG-PF Specs:
22"
2ms
1680x1050
10,000:1 DFC
300 cd/m2

Glossy coats will give you better saturated colors. The colors looks more "lively" than your typical black matte coating.

However, the downside is the reflection. If you place this monitor next to a window or a light source that is more or less behind you, then you will see some glare and reflection.

For best results, the light source should be behind the monitor whether it is a table lamp or ceiling lamp.

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
Personally, I think the glare is worth it for the way it looks. And as jaguarskx said, you can try to minimize glare by putting the lights behind it. I know I'm going to be looking for a glossy monitor for my next one.

And I Think I Would Get Tired Of Making Every First Letter Of A Word Capitalized After A While. :)

Coolio_alert

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
Hmmm... Well Thx For Your Ideas... I Have Basically A Square Room And The Window Is On One Wall And My Computer Sits On The Wall Beside It (The Side Walls). But Considering The Glare I Am Now Leaning Toward The LG W2252TQ Also 10,000:1 and 2ms (It's A 22" As Well).

www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10099710&catid=

What Do You Guys Think Of It?

Thx For The Replies :)

And P.S. Yadge: Once You Start Talking In Caps For Every First Letter It Feels More Natural, But I Only Do It Because It Looks Nice On The Forum :p

I have a Dell SP2208WFP and absolutely love it, and it has the same kind of 22" glossy screen as that one does. After the gloss, it would be hard for me to go back to a standard monitor - everything just looks better on the glossy screen. That LG looks like a good choice to me (though 10000:1 contrast is a hair optimistic IMO).

TRENDING THREADS