LG Leak Reveals Dual-core Tegra 2 Android Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ares1214

Splendid
Id like to see more tegra 2 performance benchmark, but sounds good to me! Im glad it wont be samsung making it though, LG and HTC have much better build qaulity, atleast in my opinion.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]When are the Windows 7 tablets coming, the hardware is good but Android is just so yawn...[/citation]
Android is perfect for tablets, gives options without the heaviness of a full-blown Win7 OS. They're not designed for work, but for getting on the couch with them and playing your favorite games or reading couple articles, checking e-mail, updating your social profile and the likes. Apps are available at the tip of your fingers, in case you get bored with what you've got already. For work, you can get a laptop.
And Android yawn? Gimme a break; I admit the limited functionality compared to Windows, but definitely not a yawn. There are more limited tablet OS'es out there that are more yawn than that.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Maybe I should google the difference between the Tegra and the Ion

Edit: Just found that the tegra is an integrated solution where as the Ion is discrete.

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Tegra has an integrated ARM processor. ION is mostly a video card chip which needs a multi-purpose processor to work. Tegra can work all by itself.

I which we had standardize parts for tablets so we could build systems similar to how we do it with Desktops. i would get a 7" OLED samsung screen(10" if the future allows), a Tegra 2 chip, and install Ubuntu on it. I would like a dock-able tablet so I can convert it to a netbook.

punnar

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
These mobile devices are packing more power each generation. I just hope someone comes up with a type power cell to power these bad boys for at least a day without recharging.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Android is perfect for tablets, gives options without the heaviness of a full-blown Win7 OS. They're not designed for work, but for getting on the couch with them and playing your favorite games or reading couple articles, checking e-mail, updating your social profile and the likes. Apps are available at the tip of your fingers, in case you get bored with what you've got already. For work, you can get a laptop. And Android yawn? Gimme a break; I admit the limited functionality compared to Windows, but definitely not a yawn. There are more limited tablet OS'es out there that are more yawn than that.[/citation]
Yeah but since when is it down to you to decide what OS I want to use?
Give us the hardware - Tablet
Then let the choice of OS be our decision, m'kay?

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]When are the Windows 7 tablets coming, the hardware is good but Android is just so yawn...[/citation]
On ARM CPU? I don't think so. It is more likely to see updated version of Windows Phone 7 on that kind of tablet.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yeah but since when is it down to you to decide what OS I want to use?Give us the hardware - TabletThen let the choice of OS be our decision, m'kay?[/citation]
I agree with you on this one. And this should be option on all devices. You can pre-install the OS, but don't waste resources in an attempt to prevent installation of competing OS.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]SAL-e[/nom]You can pre-install the OS, but don't waste resources in an attempt to prevent installation of competing OS.[/citation]
Apple does that with it's Macs and all that happens is people build Hackintoshs. Hardware vendors are not owned by the OS people, so why are they forgetting the first rule of customer service?
Always give the customers what they want.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]Will see about how this thing compare to other products.[/citation]
Could you add something to this comment which would make it contain a fact or facts, an observation that is not simply a perfecty obvious stream of consciousness notation, or an opinion related to the contents of the article? This way it wouldn't be a complete waste of your and our time and energy to have it appear here.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
At 8.9 inches (which kills me to say! There aren't points in the imperial system. 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, etc.) I'm guessing it'll be 1024x600 (if it's wide). I'd like to see a higher pixel count than that, but if it's anything less, it's a no-buy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.