LG Monitor turns on, then instantly turns off after screen displays for 1 second.

May 2, 2018
So just a brief summary, I recently updated to NVIDIA's latest driver (something to do with Skyrim VR), and now on my 2nd LG monitor, I have a strange bug.

If a window isn't 'active' on the screen, it will turn on, then instantly turn off after the screen flashes for 1 second. Turn off as in, the whole monitor turns off.

Initially, if I opened something like say, my browser, dragged it across to the 2nd monitor and powered it on, it would stay on perfectly until I dragged the window back to my 1st monitor. Now it has about a 1/4 chance of doing this every reboot. Most of the time it just flashes 1 frame on and off constantly.

I've never had an issue happen like this before and it's truly bizarre. I initially thought it was something wrong with the monitor but now it makes me think it's a NVIDIA/OS problem due to the window example I gave above.

Any help is appreciated!

If a video is needed, I can provide a video of the monitor if necessary.

Solution
Use your system with just that one monitor for a bit to see if any weirdness happens.
Completely uninstall your NVIDIA drivers (removing all presets) and reinstall.