[SOLVED] LG monitor visible in complete darkness

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
So I have an LG monitor (1366x768, VGA, TN) and when it's powered off or in power saving mode there is some light on the screen visible in near to complete darkness. It only goes away when unplugged and i don't want to unplug it every night. What is this called and is it happening on all LG monitors?

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds like a faulty monitor. When you unplug it and plug it back in without turning it on, does it still show some light? It could be some residual power but if it comes back there's power going to the backlight when there shouldn't be.
It sounds like a faulty monitor. When you unplug it and plug it back in without turning it on, does it still show some light? It could be some residual power but if it comes back there's power going to the backlight when there shouldn't be.

Solution

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
When I unplug it it takes a few seconds to turn off and it comes back when I plug it in.