LG Monitors Ultrawide 34 inch vs 31.5 inch VA vs IPS panel

Jun 25, 2018
Okay here i go, i want to buy a monitor with 144hz for gaming but i also love to watch movies in high quality when i am not gaming, what would you recommend me get compared to these 2?

the first one even though it has a better quality 1440p its not curved and its 31.5 VA panel

http://www.lg.com/my/monitors/lg-32GK850G-B

The second one though is a bigger monitor curved ultrawide but the resolution is limited to 1080p but it comes with IPS panel which i don't know if fits better for my preferences.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC89G-B-ultrawide-monitor

What would you recommend a movie lover + gamer, G-SYNC 144HZ is a must on the list though.
Good colors in the game and movie are a preference if you ask me

The IPS panel will have better color accuracy, and no color shifting at off angle viewing like VA panels do. In fact even if you sit close, an ultra wide screen can show color shifting just looking to the far left/right of the screen.

That said, I'm not a big fan of curved screens, 21:9, or super high refresh rates, especially when you have to overclock to achieve them. None of the displays I've seen that require OCing to achieve the max refresh guarantee you'll be able to, and it's usually pretty hard on the display.

I've been using an HDTV for years as an all-in-one solution for games, movies, TV, and internet. I bought a fairly high end 49" Sony 4K recently and ended up refunding it due to bright scenes looking too washed out. It was a VA panel and although they do have much higher contrast than IPS for HDR, that tradeoff of every bright scene looking way too washed out was not worth it IMO. I also feel 4K TVs are not good for 1080 broadcasts, they look way too blurry.

I'm starting to consider going with a 32" 1440p monitor if my current 32" Panasonic IPS TV craps out before UHD broadcasts become available in my area. I could just get an add-on smart TV tuner for TV broadcasts. ASUS has a pretty good one that's only 10ms input lag, and it's just $350.