Question LG Nano TV after new RTX 4080 Swap Black screen in HDR

brad684

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
THIS IS 2 THREADS MOVED TO ONE GO TO THE 4TH THREAD TO SEE A BETTER LOOK AT THE ISSUE.

I purchased a 4080 and an EVGA 1000w fully modular PSU to upgrade my non-modular 650-watt and my 2080. I got about 1/4 of the way through the swap and realized I didn't want to break anything so I took it to the local computer repair shop this morning so they could do it correctly. I picked it up earlier to at 430 he shows me it posting to bio and restarted to windows just fine. I went home and plugged everything in that had previously be plugged in, HDMI into the GPU, Xbox controller Dongle USB, mouse dongle USB, occulas dongle via USB-c, digital optical audio cable, Ethernet straight into the MOBO, and a flash drive I use as a backup via USB, and finally the power cord in the brand new PSU. Press the power button on the case nothing... Oh, the power switch was off on the back so I flipped it on and some lights on the MOBO turned on. Press the button again on the case, but nothing. I see there's a small switch next to the big switch on the PSU and I flip that and try that power button again and it turns everything on. OK! great COD here I come! I see the Bios then at the part when windows are supposed to show up I get a black screen?! Tried everything I could think of unplugging everything except the mouse and keyboard, plugging in hard-wired keyboard & mouse, and using different HDMI ports on the GPU and TV. Nothing gets it past the bios. Sometimes it doesn't even go into the bios it just is a black screen and I would have to shut down hard. A few times after the bios the BLue windows recovery screen would come up and I would just press restart. But that hasn't come up since I've been trying other things to fix this just the black screen or bio then black screen. ANY IDEAS? THANKS FOR ANY IDEAs. ill be bringing it back tomorrow if I can't figure it out, seems simple...

newer TV LG 4k TV via hmdi
rtx 4080, replacing a 2080
luan li mesh 2 C
ROG ATX MOBO Z490
10 gen intel CPU
Corsiar water cooler h100I
2 ssd
1hdd
1000w evga modular, replacing non mod 650 no name brand

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model to your new PSU? As for the second rocker switch, by any chance is it a silent/eco mode button? If so, that's to manage the fan in the PSU for silent operation.

Do you have a monitor to test out apart from the TV mentioned in your specs?

Reactions: brad684

brad684

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 1000W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model to your new PSU? As for the second rocker switch, by any chance is it a silent/eco mode button? If so, that's to manage the fan in the PSU for silent operation.

Do you have a monitor to test out apart from the TV mentioned in your specs?

the box says EVGA 1000gt supernova 80 plus gold. Does that help? Yes it’s a eco switch. But I’ve tried to switch it on and off both ways. No all I have is another tv. I actually got into the bio and everything looked good as far as what I could see then I tried to restart and then the bios screen didn’t even come up again. I switch it completely off including the pSU off switch, and then turn it back on and now nothing happens just black screen.

brad684

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
OK, the Previous Build had an RTX 2080 and it was hooked up Via HDMI to the LG NANO cell 65" tv with no issues even when in HDR. Replaced the PSU with an EVGA 1000w gold GT, new Case, and RTX 4080. The person who swapped them out for me was using a computer monitor and when I went to go pick it up he had it running and posting with bios up, then we started it to windows and everything was fine. Brought it home and plugged it in with the same HDMI to the exact HDMI slot it was before and It showed the bios working then a black screen after that. Took my kitchen tV which is a little 1080p vizio 32", and I had picture. so I plugged it back into the LG and the picture came on so I thought great! problem solved. Started to play COD and as soon as the TV turned to HDR black screen again I could not recover it even though switching back and forth from the kitchen tv to the LG... Tried to play with LG TV settings for a bit and one time I got the picture back by turning off HMDI DEEP COLOR. but then once I started the game again and HDR came back on it went black again. So I tried everything I could think of like unplugging all hdmis from the tv and checking everyone, tried messing with the LG TV setting some more, and nothing the picture doesn't come back at all and I can't turn the HDR on the Computer side for some reason. I did a complete reinstall of windows and i got picture back again but it does me no good if playing a game will black the screen. which it eventually did. Does anyone know why my rtx 2080 worked perfectly fine, and now the rtx 4080 doesn't like HDR. What am I missing? I saw that there was a firmware update not included in the newest driver for black screen fixes and didn't work either (firmware update for black screen LINK). Right now I have it hooked up to an old 30HZ 4k phillips tv I bought for 200 bucks back in the day on clearance and its running fine on that. Obviously id like to see this 4080 flourish on the LG.

TV: ( 65NANO90UNA) LG 65" 120hz 4k
mobo z-490 ROG Strixs
GPU Zotac RTX4080
PSU EVGA 1000 gt GOLD fully modular
2 NVME, 2 SSD, 1 HDD
Windows 10

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS