News LG OLED EX Displays Are Faster, Brighter And Thinner

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
The article author did a rather slipshod hob of rewriting a company press release. Deuterized compounds in OLEDs do not improve power efficiency, nor do they directly "boost brightness". They provide for a slower breakdown of blue-emitting sources and thus a longer overall lifespan. LG might choose to take advantage of this by boosting output to a point that a protium-compound OLED would degrade too quickly to be practical, but that's a rather different statement.

Giroro

Splendid
"Personalized AI" sounds like a new advertising algorithm for the filthy Ads that LG builds into their TVs.
I don't want a TV with ads built into it, especially when it's a ridiculously expensive high-end TV.

I'm getting really tired of every single thing in my life trying to squeeze an "infinite amount of money forever" out of me. It comes across as hungry, desperate, and frankly disrespectful. It's like the homeless guy who knocks on your window in a Walmart parking lot, except you paid LG a couple thousand dollars to have him hang out in your living room until he dies.