LG Researchers Create Wire-Like Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
But how much do they cost and weigh vs energy capacity (Wh) and electrical output (Wpeak)?

The Form-factor is appealing because they can be wound into any free space, almost regardless to size.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
They should use this technology to make longer lasting batteries in devices.
How you may ask?

Implement the battery around the bezel of the device to provide that extra juice one might need throughout the day.

A battery that can be tied into knots should have no issue with a few bumps, and unless you drop it onto a saw or something I don't see a leak happening.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
LG is in everything! They make TV's, Smartphones, Air Conditioners, Microwave ovens, Vacuum cleaners, stoves, dryers, refrigerators! And I'm that's not even half of what they make.

sheepsnowadays

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]They should use this technology to make longer lasting batteries in devices.How you may ask?Implement the battery around the bezel of the device to provide that extra juice one might need throughout the day.A battery that can be tied into knots should have no issue with a few bumps, and unless you drop it onto a saw or something I don't see a leak happening.[/citation]
That would make changing the battery a pain the in A$$

How about they use this and design a carrying strap battery. It would provide a battery and the user could wear it around thier neck... (well, as long it it's not toxic or something)

This would be great to put into the straps on a backpack, plenty of length would mean plenty of power and you could use the backpack to charge your phone/iPad etc..

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]jabliese[/nom]Dear LG, Forget textiles. Go leather, put it in a snazzy belt! The larger you are, the more battery time you have. Thank you.[/citation]

Damn, had the belt idea too the moment I read the article; now you beat me to the patent office :)

Status
Not open for further replies.