LG screen flickering unless I have the brightness cranked up

Sep 29, 2018
A few days ago my monitor (LG 32LN5300) started flickering. The picture wouldn't cut out entirely, it would just dim a little bit with a darker spot in the upper right corner. I found that turning the brightness up to 40 fixed it. The next day it started flickering again, and I had to turn the brightness up to 70. Today I had to turn it to 100.

Anyone know what's going on here? I would like to try to fix it if possible. This display is old but I love it. Thanks.

Solution
Hello,

What were you up to when it began flickering? Currently I'm using a TV as a monitor and it flickers crazy when dense foliage is on screen in my games. Have you plugged the monitor into a surge protector or new power strip. Try changing plug sockets? You say it's old...maybe time to replace? :s

- Alex
Sep 21, 2018
Hello,

What were you up to when it began flickering? Currently I'm using a TV as a monitor and it flickers crazy when dense foliage is on screen in my games. Have you plugged the monitor into a surge protector or new power strip. Try changing plug sockets? You say it's old...maybe time to replace? :s

- Alex

Solution